I am currently (March 2020) Assistant Professor at Politecnico di Torino, and member of SmartData research center, holding a Ph.D. in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering and a M.Sc. degree in Mathematical Modelling for Engineering. In the last years, I was hosted, among the others, by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and Bell Labs.
Before pursuing the doctoral studies, I worked a couple of years for General Electric Avio, focusing on optimization of aeronautical low-pressure turbines. Moreover, I cooperated with Team H2polito in the design and construction of a hydrogen fuel cell low-consumption vehicle.
I am a curious engineer, scientist and teacher that likes to work at the frontier of technological progress, considering direct applications and implications to final product design.
Currently, my interests are towards the following broad research fields:
- Internet and transportation traffic data analysis
- Big Data architecture and algorithms
- User behaviour analysis and modeling
- Optimization algorithms
- Networks and graph theory
- Applications to automotive and aeronautical engineering
Highlights (January 2020)
- 25+ peer-reviewed publications, including 4 IEEE/ACM Trans.
- 3 keynotes and tutorials
- 17+ tutored students
- Teaching in 4 graduate courses
- Chair in 3 Workshops, and TPC in 3+ conferences
- Visiting researcher and intern at Bell Labs (France), MIT (USA) and Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brazil)
- Exponentially increasing number of citations based on Google Scholar, with first published paper in 2014